Recreational resources provide the full relaxation for people. In Krasnodar there are all conditions as for fruitful work so for relaxing rest.
Krasnodar is green southern city stretched along Kuban river for more than ten kilometers. In XIX century the city was built with wooden and stone houses in "province classicist" style. In central Krasnaya street there are city offices, libraries, theatres, large shops. Pyramidal poplars, platens and acacia trees grow along the streets.
Within the borders of the municipal formation Krasnodar city there are 545 memorials, among them 333 architectural memorials (buildings), 83 historical monuments (historical places and obelisks), 35 memorials of monumental art and 94 archeological memorials (burial mounts, burial grounds and so on). Many theatres, concert halls, museums, art galleries, libraries work on the territory of the city. In last time the number of city sightseeings increased – the monuments for the Empress Catherine the Great, St. Yekaterina Great martyr, Triumfalnaya Arka and others were recently opened.
There are all the conditions for the rest of the youngest citizens and city guests in the city. Two Children Puppet theatres, Circus, Ocean World, the Zoo and aqua parks are in the city.
Modern shopping and entertainment malls provide the families’ leisure time; there the citizens and city guests can go shopping and have a nice rest there. They are «Krasnaya Ploschad», SBS - MegaMall, City, Galereya-Krasnodar and others. All those centres became the place for family rest, meetings of old and new friends, people of different age groups.
After all, the city parks, squares and paths and other green areas are of great importance for relaxing holidays and ecological situation in the city. There are 2 municipal enterprises «Park in honor of 30-th anniversary of the Victory» и «Parks, investments and tourism» that include the parks «Solnechny ostrov», «Chistyakovskaya roscha», «Rozhdestvensky park» and the park «Gorodskoy sad».
«Park in honor of 30-th anniversary of the Victory» is situated in Zaton district in the south park of the city. Forest park zone was founded in 1956 – 1958, and park in honor of 30-th anniversary of the Victory was founded on the 8th of May, 1957. The square of the park is 57 hectares. Wood species are represented by the three kinds of poplar – pyramidal, Canadian and Shiman’s, petiolate oak, green ash-tree, willow white, hazel-nut black. Pine-tree and birch grove is there too. The attractions, tennis court, arm museum and art workshop are situated on the park territory. The path of health is made there. Beside the forest park zone there is sandy beach. The park is considered to be the natural memorial by the decision of Krasnodar Regional Executive committee №326 on 14.07.1988.
The Park of culture and holiday in the name of M. Gorky (now it is Park «City Garden») is situated in the southern part of the municipal formation Krasnodar city, i.e. in the central district in Postovaya st., 34. This park under the name «Army garden» was founded on the 8th of October, 1848 «for the purpose of serving for the region as stock of different kinds of fruit trees and useful plants which can grow successfully at the Black Sea». «...On the 13th day of February 1850 Yekaterinodar Army Garden was highly established». By 1858 in Army Garden there estimated over 10 thousand trees of different kinds and garden types. Later Yekaterinodar Army Garden started to look more likely as a park for the rest and entertainment of the upper Cossacks class. On its territory there was “vox-hall” (dancing hall), restaurants, army archive and other offices. In summertime 1865 there were some entrance rules for entry to the dancing hall: «The noblemen of Kuban Cossacks army, temporarily stayed visitors of noble class, honorable men and merchant class». The Garden was maintained by the finance got from the sales of the park, gardens and vineyards.
In the soviet period city Garden was turned into Central Park of culture and holiday in the mane of M. Gorky. Today there are over 100 species of tree and bushes plants. Among them are oak Giant (height 27 m, diameter of the crown is 28 m, stem circumference - 5,15 m), oak Chernomoretz (height 27 m, diameter of the crown is 23 m, stem circumference - 5,3м.), oaks Bogatiri and ginkgo double-laciniate (height - 10 м., diameter of the crown is 7 m, stem circumference - 0,65м.). ginkgo double-laciniate is relict of Japan and China origin; it grows in the park from 1951. All trees are considered to be the natural monuments. The Park was established as a natural monument by the decision of Krasnodar Regional Executive committee №326 on 14.07.1988. The whole area is 14, 07 hectares. There are carousels, café, pond and summer dancing floor are on the territory of the park.
The Park in honor of the 40th anniversary of October (Solnechny Ostrov) is situated in the east part of the municipal formation Krasnodar city; the island where the park is situated is connected with the mainland, i.e. the dam, and the bridge. The park is founded about 150 years ago. Its area is 45 hectares. The land in the district of Staraya Kuban, i.e. the tributary of Kuban River, in the last century belonged to the rich Cossacks who grew the vegetables there. Later in the soviet time the arboretum of the decorative species was founded on this land by Krasnodar Gorzelenstroy. Besides the growing of tree and flower plants for city landscaping the workers of Zelenstroy had to plant the rare and valuable trees and bushes and gradually to turn it into the park.
The Park was opened by the 40th anniversary of the October socialist revolution in 1957. Zelenstroy moved the arboretum to another area left the rows of planted young trees which became the base of park plants. The park conditions are not considered to be very good for the growth and development of the trees, because in many places the underground waters come closer to the surface of the soil. More than ninety kinds and garden forms grow in the park. There are unique and rare species in Kuban. At first we can say about the brittle willow spherical, which forms fine semi-spherical close crowns, which seem cut artificially. It bears the abundant dampness of the soil, grows fast and isn’t spoilt by vermin and diseases.
Thuya Gigantic grows well and draws attention of the visitors; it’s the nice tree with the bright-green scent. The same is brown pecan of the hazel-nuts. The trees look good and give fruits. The trees are pyramidal poplar, small curtains made of Krimskaya pine-tree, oak petiolate and single trees of horse chestnut, white acacia, small-leaved lime(-tree), pyramidal oak, Greek walnut and maple-leaf poplar. Near the boat station and the dance floor live hedges from common privet and evergreen box-tree are planted. There is small rosary in the park. All in all over 6000 decorative trees are planted. There are some nature monuments on the territory of the park. Among them there is oak «Titanic» planted in 1870 in the south-west side of the park. Trunk width is 1,5 m. The crown takes area more than 30 m2.
Various attractions, tennis courts, health path, auto train, cafe, in winter season the indoor skating-rink work in the park. More over the only private Zoo in Russia is situated in the park; the fourth in the world and the only in Russia is the theatre of pinniped are there. Park got his status of the nature monument by the Resolution of the Krasnodar Soviet executive committee № 354 of 26.08.1981 and Krasnodar executive committee № 488 of 14.09.1983.
Pervomaysky city park of culture and rest was founded in 1900 by the Cossacks and named at first as «Chistyakovskaya roscha» in honour of city head G. S. Chistyakov on his suggestion. The live witnesses of old times, i.e. the trees aged 100 years stand in this green nook.
In 2008 during the celebration of the Day of the Krasnodar city the first historic name «Chistyakovskaya roscha» was given to Pervomaysky park.
The park is situated in the north part of the city on the ground of the 3rd bottomland terrace of Kuban River layed together with tree loamy soil, alluvial sands and clay. Among first planted trees there were oaks petiolate and Hartvis, common ash-tree, common maple, Scotch pine, common birch и др.
Planting continued for following period. The grove gradually became perfect. Today the trees of different species grow on the park territory. Abundance of flora and forestry plants attract the birds there; we can see woodpeckers, starlings and owls.
There are a lot of paths and avenues paved with asphalt. Central avenue is straight wide and shadow. It crosses the park from the west to the east. The group plantings of hooked pine-tree, black walnut, tillet is represented there, shrubbery are eastern biota, jasmine and privet.
The attractions, children playgrounds, the Memorial for fascist victims and the Monument for the lost in Afghanistan, the fountain and the book market-place are there in the park.
Rozhdesvensky park is situated along the river Kuban in the street of the 70th anniversary of October. On the park area there are the embankment and open-air cafe. The park is near the church of Rozhdestva Khristova (Christmas).
Besides the parks there are over twenty squares in Krasnodar. The most popular among the citizens and city guests are Mariinsky skver (Suvorovsky), Yekaterininsky skver, Skver in honor of G. K. Zhukov, Skver in honor of Peoples Friendship (square with the elephant), Festivalny skver and others.
Two memorials of garden and park art are situated on the territory of Krasnodar city; they are Botanical Garden in the name of I. S. Kosenko (founded in 1959) and Botanical garden at Kuban state University.
In Krasnodar there is perspective recreational place – Krasnodarskoye deposit of mineral waters минеральных вод. The main user of the water is PLC «Centre of recovery medicine and rehabilitation «Krasnodarskaya balneolechebnitsa» (Balneal clinic). The centre is the only sanatoria and health resort on the territory of Krasnodar city; the main course is hydropathic treatment. In this balneal clinic the children camp is acting all year round, 7 new cure methods are applied in recovery of children and adults; mini-sauna «Kedrovaya bochka» (Cedar cask) is functioning today; new medical complexes of therapeutic physical training are worked out for using in the pool with mineral water and applied to the children having spinal disease and for obesity patients; new medical techniques as ozocerite cure combined with thermo-compresses are used there; low-intense laser emission is widely spread as localized attack with patients having skin diseases.
The passes and board and treatment authorization are offered for the adults and children, for citizens and city guests in the balneary.
Two types of mineral waters are used in the balneary, they are iodine-bromine that used for external use and alkaline «Krasnodar-3» for internal use. The mineral water from the source «Krasnodar-3» is the analogue of the water «Naftusi» in the resort Truiskavets; it’s the basic water for kidney cure and gastrointestinal tract.
Krasnodar mineral iodine-bromine water is basic element of every medical cure. According the modern classification it is high-thermal water of chloride-natrium type, and by specific character it’s iodine-higher bromide boric siliceous. Its analogue are the mineral waters of Anapa, Gelendzhil, Eisk and Apsheronsk. The water is high-mineralized to 56g/l, with the increased contain of iodine (43g/l) and bromine (115g/l). Water temperature in the exit of the well is +48 С.